"Brother" is the 13th of the series episode and the 7th(a) of Season 1 of Robotboy.
When Robotboy finds out he has a long lost brother, he is desperate to meet him! As it happens, his brother, Protoboy, was one of Moshimo’s first ever creations and accordingly was captured by Kamikazi at an early age! Moshimo explains that it isn’t a good idea to track down Protoboy as Kamikazi made him so evil that even the evil doctor couldn’t control him! Robotboy ignores this advice, under the impression that Tommy can fix Protoboy and heads straight for Kaziland, where he finds his brother deactivated in the ‘failed experiments’ room! Once Protoboy is reactivated, his behaviour soon becomes apparent to Robotboy as he wreaks uncontrollable havoc everywhere he goes. Robotboy and his real family; Tommy and Moshimo, face an exceptionally difficult battle to halt Protoboy’s destructive plans!
When Tommy's family is out on a family day, Robotboy is left alone. After talking to Moshimo, he tells Robotboy that he did have a brother once, called Protoboy. Robotboy goes to Kamikazi island and frees Protoboy. Protoboy is evil and starts wrecking everything Robotboy eventually has to defeat him.
- Professor Moshimo
- Dr. Kamikazi
- Debs Turnbull
- Dwight Turnbull
- Bjorn Bjornson (cameo on magazine, not named)
Robotboy: Oh, Professor Moshimo, hello.
Professor Moshimo: Oh hello, Robotboy. Is Tommy around?
Robotboy: Turnbull Family Day, Robotboy all alone.
Protoboy: Protoboy destroy!
- This is the first time where Dr. Kamikazi appears where he did not hatch a plan to catch Robotboy.
- This is also the first time Robotboy went to Kaziland without being captured
- Bjorn Bjornson can be seen on a cover of "Super Villain" magazine Kamikazi holds up at the beginning.
- It is revealed the Turnbulls have a family outing every Sunday.
- Goof: If it's the weekend, there shouldn't be a school bus running. Unless it was used for something like church or camp.
- In this episode, both Robotboy and Protoboy are seen in the air without using their thrusters when they first start fighting..
- The first appearance of Protoboy.
- This is the first time Gus is absent.
- The cable Protoboy was tied up with was apparently strong enough to hold him.
- When Protoboy is strapped to Kamikazi's machine, he's screaming and his mouth is open, where a speaker can be seen. As he's being zapped, his mouth looks similar to Ro's. When he's destroying Kaziland, he's laughing with his mouth open. This is the only episode where Protoboy's mouth is shown to be able to move and open.
- After that flashback, Protoboy's mouth just lights up when he's speaking.
- Protoboy is so heavy that when Kamikazi fell down with him, a large impact hole was created in the concrete.
- This is the only episode in which Donnie directly beats up Tommy in the presence of their mother. However, Deb is completely oblivious to it.
- This is the only time we see how Protoboy's vision looks.
- The scene where Superactivated Robotboy creates and ejects his claw is reused as stock footage in "Sweet Revenge". The part where he reels it back in is altered.
- It is shown Kamikazi has a room full of rejected experiments and robots, which is where Protoboy was found.
- Robotboy has a white smoke trail while Protoboy's is black or dark grey. This could be a possible Yin-Yang reference where Ro is Yin (good) and Proto is Yang (evil), playing along with the Cain & Abel trope they have.
- Goof: In the flashback, Constantine ripped out wires to defeat Protoboy. However, these same wires were shown to be intact when Robotboy plugged them back in to reactivate Protoboy.
- Goof: Robotboy and Protoboy are fighting over the center of the bridge. However, an animation error shows Protoboy just in front of the toll booth he kicked Robotboy into. A slow-down of the scene also shows that Robotboy had landed on top of Protoboy, making it look like they both crashed into the toll-booth.
- The only episode involving Protoboy that was written by Cindy Morrow.
- This is the only episode in which Gus and Protoboy don't appear in together.
- Protoboy had been deactivated for years, despite this, his deactivated mode is not seen, however, it is seen in "The Revenge of Protoboy".
In other languages
|Int. Language||Int. Title||Translation|
|Swedish||Min Bror||My Brother|