This article is about the Season 1 episode if you're looking for the Season 4 episode click here.
Runaway Robot "is the 26th episode of the series and the 13th(b) of Season 1 of Robotboy.
Bjorn Bjornsson (one-time Moshimo protégé) witnesses Robotboy’s urge to become a real boy and advertises his services to turn robots into humans. Robotboy is confused, as Moshimo has told him no robot can become a real boy, but still he ventures off to investigate. On arrival, Bjorn preps Robotboy for the operation that will turn him into a boy called Bobby! When Moshimo and Tommy arrive, not only have they got to rescue Robotboy from Bjorn and his fearsome robot, Brother Bjorn, but they must also convince Robotboy that Bjorn is lying! A battle of power and trust ensues, the only question is, who will prevail!!?
Robotboy sees an advert with Bjorn Bjornson saying he could turn him into a real boy, which turns out to be a trick. Eventually, Tommy and Moshimo get him to snap out of it, and Bjorn and Bjornbot are defeated.
Robotboy: *voiceover of the note he left on Tommy's desk* Dear Tommy. Robotboy go to Schnitfarm, become real boy. We use toilet together when get back.
Bjorn Bjornson: So, you're a creation of Moshimo's. No wonder he hasn't turned you into a real boy. The man's a jackass.
- In this episode Bjorn Bjornson says to Robotboy: "So, your a creation of Moshimo's. No wonder he hasn't turned you into a real boy. The man's a jackass." This is one of the two episodes to have the word "jackass", the other being Christmas Evil, sparking some controversy, as this is a children's cartoon. The scene was edited out by the U.S. version of Cartoon Network, possibly due to the word.
- Robotboy thought he had become a real boy, "Bobby", when Bjorn taped a picture of one to his head. He should have realized something was up when he flew into the air and Superactivated to keep Moshimo from turning him back. After all, real boys can't transform or have weapons attached to them. When he swapped bodies with Gus and actually became real in Robogus and the G-Machine, he attempted to superactivate to attack Kurt and his gang, but failed.
- This is the first appearance of Mama Bjornson.
- It’s notable Robotboy recognized Bjornbot in his disguise, but couldn't recognize Bjorn in his, even though they look exactly the same, aside from one being a robot and colored blue.
- The hometown of the Bjornsons is revealed. It's either Schnitfarm or Schnitfart (Robotboy, Moshimo, and Bjorn pronounced it differently from each other).
- If you look closely when after Superactivated Bjornbot crashes through the wall and before smashing into the ice, a reindeer had unfortunately got his tongue stuck. When he sees Bjornbot coming, he takes off...his tongue being ripped off in the process.
- Mama Bjornson appears to be a reindeer farmer and she uses them for milk.
- Robotboy's voice is a bit deeper in this episode.
- Moshimo arrived surprisingly fast just after Tommy contacted him. It could be that he was already on his way after Tommy told him that Robotboy had mysteriously left.
- Bjornbot is referred to as "Brother Bjorn", with the exception of when Bjorn's mother talks to him during the first act, where she sounds to refer to him as Bjornbot.
- This is the only episode starring Bjorn Bjornson and Bjornbot to not have Gus.
- This is the last time Bjornbot superactivates.
- Goof: Superactivated Bjornbot's knuckle blasters are miscolored black when he first fires at Robotboy.
In other languages
|Int. Language||Int. Title||Translation|
|Dutch||Robotboy wordt echt||Robotboy becomes real|
|French||La fugue de Robotboy||Robotboy's Fugue|
|German||Robotboy will ein richtiger Junge sein||Robotboy wants to be a real boy|
|Hebrew||רובוט נמלט (Robot Nimlat)||Fugitive Robot|
|Spanish||Robot fugitivo||Fugitive robot|